The 25+ Best Cornwall Wedding Venues
Here is a list of the best wedding venues in Cornwall (updated August 2020). We are very lucky in Cornwall to have amazing variety ranging from rustic barns and farm venues to stunning beaches and dramatic coastlines. I’ve shot at almost all of the best wedding venues in Cornwall, but there’s a few still on my list that I want to work at. If you feel I’ve missed any of them out, then please leave me a comment so I can update the list.
I’ll be keeping this page updated from time to time with new venues, and with blog posts from each venue. If you have any questions or want to have a chat about photography at any of these venues, feel free to get in touch. I’ve lots of experience as a wedding photographer in Cornwall and am happy to help.
Beach Wedding Venues
- Lusty Glaze – The pinnacle of UK beach wedding venues in my opinion. Crowned the ‘most instagrammable wedding venue’, head to my Lusty Glaze guide to see why. A privately owned beach with amazing staff, incredible location, gorgeous sunsets and the sound of waves lapping on your wedding day. If you are looking for a totally relaxed wedding where you can spend the day barefoot on golden sands, congratulations, you’ve just found it! I’ve shot over 15 weddings at Lusty and it’s my favourite place to work!
- Ocean Venue (Carbis Bay) – A newly built part of Carbis Bay Hotel. Ocean Venue is modern, sleek and stylish and has panoramic views of Carbis Bay from it’s floor to ceiling windows. Oh and you can be on the sand within about 30 seconds.
Barn Wedding Venues
- Nancarrow Farm – I’ve covered several weddings at Nancarrow and it’s one of my favourite venues to work at for sure. The range and style of the spaces is amazing, with the barn conversions all so well done. From the Rustic Barn ceremony space to the Oak Barn reception room, you have so much to play with. Oh and the food at Nancarrow is absoutely legendary.
- Chypraze Farm – A lovely barn conversion right on the rugged west coast of Cornwall with tons of character. A smaller more intimate venue than some, but with loads to offer. And the short walk down to Portheras Cove is totally worth it.
- Trevenna Barns – Based out amidst the beautiful scenery on the moors of Cornwall, Trevenna is one of Cornwall’s most in-demand wedding venues, so don’t leave it too late, they book far in advance. With a secluded location, lots of choices for ceremony spaces, fantastic in house food, and plenty of accomodation, it isn’t hard to see why it’s so popular.
- The Green – Nestled in amongst a woodland, The Green has a huge amount of variety with three different converted barns, loads of outdoor space, plenty of lovely accomodation and an amazing wedding team. It’s gorgeous and well worth a look.
- Cornish Camels – A real rustic feeling to this venue, with quirky character via the old farmhouse accomodation and of course, as the name implies, there is a friendly herd of camels that might pay you a visit in the evening! I’ve shot a few weddings here, including the daughter of the owners, so I know it well.
Marquee or Tipi Wedding Venues
- Trefusis Estate – The estate is stunning with beautiful views and manor house, but the walk through the little woodland into the clearing with your tipi setup looking magnificent, is what will really wow your guests. A lesser known gem this one, highly recommended.
- Porthilly Farm – With one of the most picturesque (but tiny) churches just a short walk away, and with cracking wide views over the Camel Estuary, it’s an absolute stunner of a spot for a marquee.
- Cosawes Barton – Cosawes is a bit special. Tucked away quietly in Ponsanooth; it has top notch accommodation options, stunning gardens, and ample space for a marquee. But it’s standout feature is undoubtedly the outdoor ceremony space in the orchard, complete with 90 meter aisle. Talk about making an entrance! They also specialise in smaller, intimate weddings and elopements.
- Kilminorth Cottages – Kilminorth has some modern, luxurious holiday cottages which make for great accommodation, a fantastic outdoor ceremony space, and it also has a really lovely meadow which is perfect for a tipi or marquee to party hard in!
- Messack Farm – A secluded field with incredible views over the Roseland.
- Restronguet Barton – As above, but this time with views over the water at Mylor!
- Cornish Tipi – If a outdoorsy woodland venue is what you are looking for, look no further. Cornish Tipis is basically a glamping tipi site set in a beautiful private woodland, complete with a picture-perfect lake, and a permanent wedding marquee setup with tons of space.
- Roscarrock Farm – Set within Roscarrock’s 750 acre estate, and with views over to the Rumps and Doyden Point, it’s the perfect location for a big marquee reception.
Manor House & Country Estate Wedding Venues
- Tredudwell Manor – Oh yeah, this one is a beauty. Tredudwell is an absolute favourite of mine. Tucked away near Lanteglos on a lovely estate just a few minutes from some mind-blowingly beautiful coastline. Character, great grounds, flexibility, style. It’s a gem and very highly recommended.
- The Rosevine – A luxury manor house by the sea for weddings big or small. Two minutes walk from the sand, The Rosevine hosts small weddings in the house and bigger parties in a tipi on the lawn, complete with coastal views. A cracking location for a wedding.
- Boconnoc House – If sprawling grounds and an amazing huge manor house aren’t enough for you, Boconnoc also has it’s own Church on the estate. What could be more perfect a setup for a wedding day!
- Scorrier House – A beautiful family run country house and estate. Two standout features for me are the epic grand entrance hall with double sweeping staircase and the extensive, stunning gardens.
- Porth En Alls a.k.a Prussia Cove – This is a unique one. Porth En Alls is literally on the coast near Penzance, with a private beach, stunning coastal backdrop, historical house and the option to have a marquee right on the clifftops.
- Chycara House – A little known gem, with loads of accomodation, a purpose built marquee/barn hybrid wedding room, a gorgeous set of grounds with a woodland and a lake, it’s a great venue!
- Pengenna Manor – A beautiful 800 year old house set amongst a 300 acre estate with purpose built wedding areas that can cater for anywhere between 2 and 350 for receptions! Well worth checking out!
- Alverton Manor – The Alverton is one of the only decent venues available in Truro and is well established in the area. The great hall with it’s lofty ceilings is it’s standout feature, perfect for ceremonies and receptions.
Hotel Wedding Venues
- Fowey Hall – A luxury seaside hotel well known for it’s stellar food, and great service. It’s a bit of indulgence and an amazing option for a wedding day, with a commanding position overlooking the estuary.
- Polurrian Bay – A contemporary coastal hotel in the amazing setting of the Lizard, with uninterrupted views over the Atlantic.
- Headland Hotel – An iconic gothic hotel on the headland by Fistral Beach. It’s famous for a reason!
- Carbis Bay Hotel – Nestled in Carbis Bay right next to the golden sands with a ton of different options/styles/characters across their multiple wedding venue rooms. Definitely worth checking out.
Vineyard or Winery Wedding Venues
- Trevibban Mill – Very modern, very chic venue with award winning food and wine and of course, the stunning backdrop of the vineyard.
- Knightor Winery – Where Trevibban is modern and chic in appearance, Knightor is all age and character with exposed stone and beams, but the same thing applies; incredible food and award winning wines. A cracking venue.
Alternative Wedding Venues in Cornwall
- Eden Project – It doesn’t get much more unique than this! You can get wed surrounded my incredible plantlife, with a Mediterranean climate inside a biome, which is itself in a giant quarry. The ceremony spot is amazing, the dining incredible, and once it goes dark you see the biome and dancefloor lit up at night. Stunning, just stunning.
- Polhawn Fort – A clifftop fort that is now an exclusive use wedding venue with a private cove and jaw-dropping views. Nothing much else to say, it’s awesome!
- Lamorran Gardens – Another little known venue that is absolutely beautiful for smaller weddings. Near the coast of St Mawes, Lamorran Gardens has incredible, exotic gardens that have to be experienced. Mesmerising textures and colours and a great atmosphere. I love it.
I’m sure there are more wedding venues in Cornwall that I still have to discover, let me know if you think I’ve missed any! Head to my wedding blog for tons of recent real weddings and get in touch for a chat about your wedding day!